Choose life. Choose a lake. Choose a swim. Choose a bait. Choose a rig. Choose sleepless nights under the stars. Choose the nocturnal music of branches creaking in the wind, leaves whispering, and the eerie night-calls of owls and wildfowl. Choose bright moons shattered in the rippling surface of lakes, and purple skies at sunset perfectly mirrored. Choose silent mist-shrouded pools at dawn. Choose visions of white-flowering waterlilies turning green-gold in the half-light. Choose the flashing bronze flanks of carp, twisting below the surface, on the edge of visibility. Choose a heightened heart-rate. Choose an emotional rollercoaster. Choose the psychological assault-course of planning, watching, locating, preparing, casting and waiting. Choose the endless hours of strung-out anticipation. Choose the rush of striking, hooking, fighting, and landing (or losing) the fish. Choose to walk the tightrope between desperate failure and the adrenaline-inducing, life-enhancing triumphant high of success. Choose life. Choose obsession. Choose Carp Fishing.
"Greg Freestone, Carpspotting 2011"

Monday 9 December 2013

Dont you just love blanking

Blanking comes to us all and after 3 weeks of blanks its starting to get to me.
carp fishing has its ups and downs and the last few weeks has been a bit of a down for me, with others catching the odd one or two I didn't no what I was doing wrong.


Few Winter Stunners from the last week - even a 52lb cat that you don't see much of this time of year





Wrong swim? wrong baits or rigs? I don't no I thought I had this lake sussed out by now but it looks like I was wrong.

I Cant let it beat me and I will keep at it for the short time I've got left this year and looking back to when I started this blog I'm gonna try what worked for me back then.

Heavy baiting over one area with hemp, party mix, low oil pellet, corn and mixed boilies seemed to work and catching 38 fish over the winter months I would be silly not to try it again.




Winter time I always use white pop ups as they stand out well over big beds of bait and i have full confidence in using them. i haven't tried it for a wile but on my next fishing trip i will be soaking them in irn bru giving the white choc pop ups a bit of a kick with the unique combination of 32 flavours and citric acids.



Big commons seem to like it and seeing this common come out not long ago at 38lb+ it could go 40lb this winter.


With so many fish stacking the weight on i must have at least 6 40lb fish to go at just hope the carp gods are kind.

Some of the 40lb carp i'm after this winter -




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.